Friday, May 16, 2008

Back to what I actually, you know, do.

With the semester over, I can finally start worrying about fiction again.

I've shipped An Exploration of Obsession (820 words, romance/humor) out to Saint Ann's Review.

Likewise, I'm trying a more literary piece, Eavesdropper, (600 words) out at ChiZine, though I have a feeling it isn't quite dark enough to be their cuppa.

If either of my two readers would like to read these, shoot me a line.

I AM still working on the Spider Slayer novel. It's sitting at about 11,000 words, but it's on a tiny hiatus until I finish a short story with the working title, "The Giant," which currently occupies 1200 words of my computer.

3 comments:

Marian Perera said...

Just curious - what inspired you to write "The Giant"? It's quite different from the usual speculative fiction in SYW - the tone and the character are carrying the story, rather than the fantasy or SF elements.

von Klick said...

I wanted to go against the flow, a little. That's all.

Plus, a giant of some sort always seems to creep into my stories, so I thought maybe I had a good story about a giant in me, rattling around.

My giant seems very easy for me to relate to. He asks all of the funny questions I ask myself when I see something I don't understand.

Marian Perera said...

I found Rodney likeable too. The story has a slight Flowers for Algernon vibe, so I'm hoping Rodney doesn't get too disillusioned later.