Thursday, September 4, 2008

Spider Slayer!

My outline for Spider Slayer is finally fleshed out. Now I've just got to beef it up with some detail, and boom--Novel. I expect to have it finished before November is out.

Beta Readers, anyone?

Please?

Not that I seem to need one. Holy crap--I found out today that my girlfriend is the harshest fiction critic in the world. And I love it. She tore a scene I'd finished today to shreds--absolute shreds--and it showed me exactly what I was doing wrong.

I deleted the whole thing and reworked it. Changed the POV, reworked my character interactions, and refocused the scene. It reads much better now.

I'm very, very exciting about this novel. I think, this time, I'll finally have something I can sell.

And if I can't, I'll still be damn proud of it.

No comments: