Thursday, December 28, 2006

I've taken on my first co-author project. Sable and I are working on a some por nenas literature, where I'm functioning as an editor and she's doing the blunt of the dirty, words-to-paper grind. It's a very time efficient project for me, but so far we have a very smooth relationship. I'm hoping we'll be able to make it into a profitable venture. Sable has been publishing her erotic fiction to The Erotic Journal -- Don't you dare click on that link unless you're over 18 or live outside of the continental U.S. She's got a great imagination, and that's what really matters in this business.

While our erotic fiction will, I believe, be appearing in The Erotic Journal, I'm going to do my damndest to actually sell the stuff. Her long range goal with this is to make an anthology of short stories--mine is to make some quick scratch and get us both a record we can run with. I'm hoping that The Erotic Journal doesn't turn out to be a big mistake on my part. Cross your collective fingers for me, and, please, go enjoy Sable's work and leave her some feedback.

On a more selfish note, I've finished the outline for a new, novel length work in progress. I won't say any more here, but I am absolutely in love with the concept. I promise not to babble about this again until I'm ready to shop it around.

I'm still struggling to find an ending to another of my short stories. It's called "The Swan," and it’s a piece of dark fantasy based on an old English ballad from the 15th century. Other people have written interpretations of the ballad before, but mine has a dark twist that I'm proud to say, is really creepy. I might have to do some hard-core editing to keep it from being Adult's Only, though.

A friend of mine from Absolute Write, Shweta, has been helping me a lot with the concept of this. The story will, of course, be dedicated to her. She's a damn good author. Expect to see me plugging her work a lot.

Shweta's "Dragon Hide" is, perhaps, one of the coolest undiscovered short stories out there.

2 comments:

Clara said...

Hola amigo, how's the writing going?

von Klick said...

Pretty good, mi guapa. Pretty good.

:)