Saturday, December 30, 2006

von Klick and the Date That Lived!

Hole Encrusted Carps, Albuquerque, New Mexico, just got slathered in eleven inches of snow! Ecological imbalance, anyone?

Anyway, yesterday was amazing. An ex-girlfriend of mine, Adele, went out with coffee for me. We sang together in the car--she's an opera singer and has an amazing voice--and then just sat in a café and talked. And talked. And talked. We spent a good four hours using up the building's O2 and engaging the occasional stranger in conversational acts of randomness. Bliss!

Then we hooked up again a bit later and had some Mexican food at an amazing little bistro down the street from my house. The Spanish language is beautiful, but no where near as enchanting as Adele's eyes.

If only time would trickle slow, like rain that melts the fallen snow...

I didn’t realize how much I missed this girl until I saw those eyes. They're wild and haunting, and they hide a chill sort of intellect.

"Here's looking at you, kid." Maybe I won't screw things up this time.

2 comments:

Paula and Elwood's Poetic Palace said...

Giddy aren't you... Went out with coffee for me !!!!! psst,,get some sleep.

Good for you and good luck in love

von Klick said...

I just woke up!