Sunday, February 1, 2009

Open Wide the Slush Gate! (Volume One)

Greetings, writing world!

As an English tutor, a fiction enthusiast, and an author with a handful of publications under my belt, I'd like to dedicate a bit of my blogspace page to detailed critiques.

From now until midnight on Saturday (February the 7th, Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Nine), I'll be accepting -- and, in fact, actively soliciting stories for me to critique.

I'll share snippets of said stories on my Blog, complete with running commentary.

Think Evil Editor, minus the snark. Don't be afraid to submit! I don't bite.

Stories should be shot to: perfection [dot] von [dot] klick [at] gmail [dot] com

The first step to submitting anything, anywhere is to follow a set of guidelines - so here's what I need:

.doc , .docx , or .rtf file extensions
Double spaced formatting
Courier, calibri, or times new roman font. (Or, you know, anything that comes with Windows that isn't wingdings.)
Fiction in any genre is acceptable - don't worry about adult content disclaimers. If you submit something smutty, I'll probably show it anyway.
All submissions will be considered anonymous unless otherwise stated.

My critiques mostly focus on style and voice, though I occasionally dip into grammar.

I'll truncate most submissions down to five hundred or so words. You might want to beat me to the punch. Maybe you want help with the intro, but maybe I feel like critiquing the end. Wouldn't that suck?

Hope I hear from you!

No comments: